At Urbanomic Interiors we enjoy experimenting with the latest and greatest design elements and trends while striving for opportunities to push the design envelope. Some might say we are quirky or eccentric, which works for us because we think normal is boring. We embrace what is happening with design now, and support it’s evolution with critical thinking and evaluation of the past. We love the sleek simplicity born out of the “form follows function” credo of Frank Lloyd Wright and Le Corbusier, but unlike pure modernists, we do not view ornamentation as a crime. We see the interior environment as a three dimensional canvas to be enhanced by the innovative use of materials, textures, lighting, colour and graphics. Our aim is to link pop, fringe and high cultures together with interior systems that are accessible, efficient and environmentally preservative. You can probably see by our work that we are not afraid to do things a little differently than most. Thankfully along with being incredibly creative, we are also practical and adept at making our concepts concrete. Our heads may be full of lofty ideas, but our feet are planted firmly on the ground.
At Urbanomic Interiors we strive to become recognized as an environmentally and socially conscious design firm that creates unique contemporary interiors for forward thinkers and go-getters.
We aim to..
- Push the design envelope by thinking critically and intuitively.
- Excel at interior design and visual branding for new and existing businesses in the hospitality and health & beauty industries.
- Promote and utilize the talents of local urban artists, craftsman and artisans.
- Be environmentally and socially considerate in our designs and daily practices.
- Spend our days “playing work” with our friends.
Our Guiding Principles
We work towards the greater good.
- Environmental responsibility – We understand that human survival is directly linked to the survival of the planet, and aim to care for it at every opportunity.
- Social responsibility – We value community and co-operation and aim to foster compassion, empathy and harmony, both locally, and across the globe.
- Professional responsibility – We make positive contributions practice of interior design and decorating by working with local and international associations related to our industry.
We behave ethically.
- We are honest and truthful.
- We stand by our word and keep our commitments.
- We take responsibility for our actions.
- We treat others how we would want to be treated.
- We pay people fairly for the work that they do, expect the same in return.
We do things right.
- We value quality over quantity.
- We take pride in our work.
- We preserve resources through lasting design & quality construction.
Leadership and Initiative
We fearlessly lead the way.
- We value creativity, ingenuity and forward thinking.
- We are not afraid to be different.
- We recognize and value our ability to shape the future.
We work together towards a common goal.
- We support and rely on each other by sharing knowledge and information.
- We draw on individual strengths to achieve results as a whole.
- We foster open, non-judgmental communication and mutual respect.
Sense of Humor and Adventure
We enjoy ourselves while we are working.
- We think being a professional doesn’t mean being stuffy.
- Laughter is music to our ears.
- We work hard so we can play hard.
See what we have been up to on our Instagram Feed!